After a period of indifferent form from the Tipster Academy tipsters we’ve seen a really good return over the weekend and we’re now seeing roughly what we expect to see from a group of people looking to make it to BetAdvisor.
Once again there have been people trying to cheat their way through the system but after some proofing (and pruning) we now have 4 less tipsters trying their hand. The profit from the overall tips is nearly double that of the proofed selections but again this may be down to horse racing selections as we have seen some big winners there.
06/06/2014 – 08/06/2014
113 tipsters across 7 sports.
439 Proofed Tips from 522 tips in total.
- Richard Saddler has had a bit of a rocky trial period but then again things often don’t run smooth for a horse racing tipster. Overall he makes money and that’s something we’ll have to consider when it comes time to review his trial. With 1350 units of profit from his 5 tips over the weekend, you can see it was a good period for him.
- This Horse Racing tipster cannot be named as they have a “Private” account.
- It’s good to see a tipster putting the effort in for their analysis and despite a few mistakes, Ryan Peterson is clearly doing his best. He’s only 10 tips into his trial (all placed over the weekend) but he’s yet to really put a foot wrong and he’s showing impressive form. Hopefully he can keep this up though we’re sure we’ll see a few more losses before the end of the 90 days.
- Another tipster with just a small number of tips so far, Marcel Davidsen has only made four selections so far and picked up 417 units of profit over the weekend. The analysis looks very good and fits in perfectly with what we’re looking for.
- Football tipster Value Tips gives away very little in the way of analysis but they are certainly busy. In just one weekend of action they placed 20 selections, more than anyone else in our top 10. Better analysis and a new screen name would definitely help their cause.
- Eric is a football tipster who is showing very little regard for our trial process. He sees no point in showing us what he can provide in the way of analysis. I’m quite tempted to say “what’s the use of your trial?” if that’s going to be his attitude.
- Despite a good weekend, Furby1989 is still in the red and with their volatile returns it’s difficult to see whether or not they will ever make it out.
- Vincenzo Malte provides pretty good analysis and his screen name looks like it fits the bill, unfortunately he’s a little let down by his results. The graph looks a little pitchy overall and at 9.09% yield he’s a little below what we’re looking for.
- On the other hand we have Joro Sotirov who is very close to making the step up. Clearly we need to look at a lot of things before we make the final decision but on the face of it, this looks like a tipster who could “fit”.
- Whilst mdacumos is doing pretty well on their trial so far, making a profit in the WNBA isn’t really enough. Don’t get me wrong, making profit is never “bad” but the liquidity in that competition is low and it may not be enough to earn a tipster promotion to the main site.
The bet of the week came from Richard Saddler and at odds of 29 he picked up 1750 units in an each way bet at Goodwood on Sunday.