How to get better at football

User Review
0 (0 votes)

One of the most important things you can ever do to help your betting profits in football, is to make sure you always, always get the very best odds that you can take on any bet placed.

Shopping around for the best odds is always going to be the best way to do this, but there is another trick that you can apply when betting on the (0) Asian Handicap – Also known as Draw No Bet.

By using a simple odds calculator, you can often get better odds by creating your own handicap than you can by taking the odds the bookies have put up. This won’t be true all the time, but it’s not unusual to get odds that are 10% higher!

The great news is that its simple to do this and is something that can be repeated countless times every weekend.

How To Make Your Own Asian Handicap Odds

A Draw No Bet (also called a 0 Asian Handicap bet – it’s the same bet just written differently) allows you to back a football team but with added cover if the game ends all square. For example, last week you could back Spurs DNB against Chelsea at around 1.83, and as the game ended 1-1, you would have received your stake bet. Had Spurs won, your bet would have won and the only chance of losing were if Chelsea had taken all 3 points.

We’re going to use an example game from the past in the Premier League:  Spurs v West Ham. If you fancy West Ham as a Draw No Bet here are the options:

·         West Ham Draw No Bet: Best odds are 6.5 with Bet Victor, with the next best 6.00.

·         West Ham (0) Asian Handicap: Best Odds 6.5 with Bet365.

·         Create your own (0) Asian Handicap to get odds of 7.11!

If you take the best odds on West Ham to win the game (9.0 with Totesport) and to draw (4.77 with Pinnacle) and enter them into the Bet Advisor calculator, it tells us we can get odds of 7.11 by creating our own handicap bet.

How To Calculate The Exact Handicap Odds

The Bet Advisor Handicap calculator tells is how to split our stake amongst the best win and best draw odds available.

As a rough guide, to re-create a (0) handicap you put 70% of your stake on the match odds and 30% of your stake on the draw odds.

Our calculator will allow you to be more precise as it shows you the exact stake to apply to the team odds and the draw odds.

So in our Spurs v West Ham example, to achieve the best odds of 7.11, we need put 79% of our stake on West Ham to win and 21% of it on them to draw (The calculator tells you the split needed).

By doing this in the Spurs – West Ham game, you can get an extra 11% value simply by looking around, which can make a massive difference to your overall profits.

How Much Difference Does 10% Better Odds Make?

Whilst at first glance, using a calculator to boost your Draw No bet odds by 11% might not sound huge, the reality is if you bet regularly it can make a significant difference to your profits. At £100 stakes, you would make £611 profit from our Ad-Hoc bet as opposed to £550 without…so that an extra £61 lining your pockets and not the bookies!

Don’t forget, Betfair live off the maximum 5% commission they take from all winning bets – proof that even small gains (if repeated a lot) can make a huge difference!

More Handicap Odds Examples
You won’t always get better odds by using the Bet Advisor Handicap calculator, but it’s worth checking. Here are some more examples of how handicap odds can be improved.

·         Crystal Palace to beat Liverpool. Draw No Bet odds of 13 compared to our ‘Ad-Hoc’ odds of 14.73 (14.41% better)

·         Tranmere to beat Swindon. Draw No Bet odds of 4.50 compared to our ‘Ad-Hoc’ odds of 5.54 (29.17% better)

·         Hull to beat Aston Villa. Draw No Bet odds of 1.70 compared to our ‘Ad-Hoc’ odds of 1.75 (7.14% better)

·         Nuneaton to beat Lincoln. Draw No Bet odds of 1.72 compared to our ‘Ad-Hoc’ odds of 1.79 (9.72% better)

Using The Bet Advisor Calculator

You can download the Bet Advisor Handicap Calculator as an excel file here. Use the arrow at the top of the page to download the file. This calculator will help you get better odds for the Draw No Bet/ (0) Handicap which is the most common handicap used on Bet Advisor. If you would like a calculator that would help you create other handicaps such as the (+0.25) and (+0.5), then let us know and we will put something together for you if demand is high enough.

This article is written in collaboration with The Secret Betting Club.